Let’s put the patient puzzle together! Where does nutrition fit in the complex matrix of patient care? Learn ways to maneuver care to place the nutrition piece in our nursing skill set, our language, and our care plan. Review best practices to place the puzzle pieces together to support the nurse in keeping nutrition at the forefront. Listen to this session to explore ways to implement early nutrition interventions and avoid potentially preventable conditions (PPCs).
© 2017 Nutrition Focused Physical Examination Video, Dietitians in Nutrition Support, a dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Used with permission.
Contact hours available until 10/15/19.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
- Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation.
- You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Conferences Committee Disclosures:
- There are no disclosures to declare.
Speakers Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
- Andrea Melendez discloses other financial/material support from serving as an associate AMSN representative to the Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition.
- Beth Quatrara discloses other financial/material support from serving as an associate AMSN representative to the Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition.
- There are no other disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
- No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
This session is jointly provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ) and the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN).
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is an approved
provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered
Nurses, Provider Number CEP 5387.
- After completing this learning activity, the participant will identify the integral role of the nurse in contributing to the enhanced nutrition status of the patient.